Drop In Anchors
By Marcus Kirkwood
What’s the catch with drop-in anchors? It can’t be as simple as dropping it in, right? Actually it is. There’s nothing more to it than that. Let’s walk through the process just to make sure we’re all on the same page.
There are many applications where a drop-in anchor is the perfect solution for a contractor to install something that requires threaded hardware or threaded rod. This may be done to raise or support something small or anchor down something big to prevent it from moving. There are countless applications that may require an expanding anchor in masonry or concrete that will receive machine threaded items.
Following this step by step guide will make installation a breeze:
1. Always use proper ear and eye protection.
2. Drill the proper hole size.
3. Clean the hole.
4. Drop anchor in hole.
5. Use setting tool and hammer to secure anchor.
6. Drive machine threaded hardware into the anchor.
That’s really all there is to it. Of course, there are plenty of options to meet whatever needs you may have. A few things to pay attention to when ordering your drop ins:
1. Diameter (always based on the size of your hardware, ½” will receive a ½” bolt)
2. Body Length (how long is the overall anchor (regular or mini)
3. Thread Length (how deep do the threads go)
4. Finish (Stainless?)
If you have any questions before ordering at outpostcs.com, please don’t hesitate to reach out to someone on our team. We are always here to help with you toughest and simplest questions.